Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Scroll-able Selection Menus

The past Labor Day weekend served as a nice bit of vacation time for me. I had some fun playing Natural Selection 2 since they released a pretty good update recently. Its a hybrid First Person Shooter  Real Time Strategy game that I'd recommend checking out (Google it). Unfortunately this means that I didn't devote much time to the project.

However, I did manage to designed out the new scroll-able selection menus that will aid in making selections and filtering large lists of items. This will take advantage of the new scroll bar system I've made and allow for special dialogs that will be populated by "button bars" containing a wealth on of information that should allow at-a-glance stat checking and comparisons. I was originally intending to put this off until after the next release, but I realized this would prove useful for the new stable screen in choosing selections such as cow girl jobs and diet. It will be much better than what is currently seen in the old build and it could potentially have features such as sorting by name or type or quantity.

With the plan made it will be merely an effort of coding it in with the some of the existing architecture, and with that the stable screen will be mostly functional. I'm still working out the design for the growth system but that should be finished soon as well.

Thanks again for sticking around guys and I'll keep you posted!

5 comments:

  1. Any chance of putting out an alpha release any time soon, I can't bear to continue playing the old one after all of this revolutionizing that you've done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget to reticulate your splines!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cant wait for another release... Im so exited about this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep up the good work, great stuff

    ReplyDelete