Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Progress Update

I've gotten around to doing some coding but it isn't anything too remarkable.The majority of the new refactored data classes have been framed out. There is now a distinct separation between the reference data and the dynamic game data. These classes now have a extra levels of abstraction that should aide in keeping the base data better encapsulated and less likely to run wild like they did last time.

Other than that I'm working on designing a new game text script manager as the last one was completely glued to a Global function call. I want a robust system that can handle dialog trees and work in parallel with state changing scripts. I'm pretty much at a loss for what to do at the moment, but I'm going to be reading up on a few articles that might provide some better insights.

And one more note for the Americans, happy Independence Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment