Friday, August 17, 2012

Minor Progress and Weekend Plans

As predicted, I was pretty busy this past week. I did get the other job, so that week of extra hell was worth it. I'll figure out the transition to that work in the upcoming weeks and I should be back down to a regular workload soon.

As for CGF I have had very little time to get much of anything done. I got around to doing some work on the Dialog Box system and an early pass on the Event Director. The Event Director is going to serve as the interface between game systems like the job assignment and basic navigation with the dialog and event script systems. This is where the Chat Mapper stuff will interface once I get around to it. Ideally, I'll be able to have a shell that will allow me to force a few commands that will both guide and control screens and dialog conversations.

I say that it's a first pass as it was a complete failure last time I played with it and I'll be backing up and reevaluating my approach this weekend. But once this feature is running, I should be able to jump between screens and launch conversations using my new and improve system. Beyond that I'll need to rebuild a few more screens and we'll be back where I left off with the current version of the game. Hopefully exciting stuff, but still some ways away. I'll try and give at least another status update when the weekend is up.

No comments:

Post a Comment