Saturday, August 25, 2012

Working On More Dialog Stuff

I've gotten some time to think and I've designed a decent work around for the dialog issues that I mentioned in my last post. Essentially, I'll be using a system that will break up a dialog event into two parts; a begin and end function. The begin will fire off the dialog and release the execution back to the main game, while the end will only fire by an event triggered once a button is pressed in a dialog.
This may seem like what I originally was trying to do but I'm now testing passing functions as arguments. I'll have a single function a dialog begin, but I'll be able to pass it any "end" function I want that can be custom designed to receive unique information. I would like to draw a diagram but that might be a bit much.

Anyway, for this weekend I'm going to see if I can use this method and finish up getting dialog working, and then move onto getting the farm and stable screens up and running again. There didn't appear to be any interest in a livestream so I wont be doing one this time around. In the future there might be something worth watching.

4 comments:

  1. I went to watch, but I guess time zones mess with things :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the confusion but I didn't get around to streaming at all, so you missed nothing. When I do a stream I'll make sure to post the time and the time zone before hand.

      Delete
    2. All good, I am still excited to see the next step :)

      Delete
  2. Man, even what you have in 0.12 is good so far, I'm really psyched to see how this project develops, I'll definitely be checking in regularly.

    ReplyDelete