Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Weekend Progress

Sorry for the delay in giving a progress report. This last weekend was pretty busy and I really wanted to get post something last night but I was playing Assassin's Creed. I swear it was nearing the end but it just keeps going.

With excuses out of the way, my latest work has been heavily on the whole refactoring issue. I've established some of the new engine classes and I'm working on organizing it better than my earlier attempt. Basically, I'm following a better Model-Viewer-Controller scheme that will make the code less interdependent. It's the sort of stuff I've been talking about since forever, but it's quite a wonder once you see it action (as a programmer) and you can swap things left and right with no problem. The window system I'm using now should allow me to have better control of the content by keeping the data and the display separated.

My next main concern is the problematic button interface. I'm looking to take better advantage of event dispatching and less on using Global variables. However, this one is really, really important so I'm going to take as much time as necessary to get this right.

Mostly boring stuff I know, but hang in there guys.

1 comment: