Saturday, May 26, 2012

Progress on Field Screen

The stream ended up a little short. It might be a better idea for me to try and work earlier. As for what I was able to do, I made some headway on the field screen. Fairly simple stuff, as I was quickly noticing how entangled my code is and trying to remember how to set up specific objects I've previously modeled. I've arranged a few windows to provide the interface for viewing the status of the player's fields and what character's are currently working the fields. I'll spend the next effort in actually wiring in the functionality.

 The second thing I'm excited about is trying out my own personal Perforce server. For those interested, Perforce is a version control service that not only backs up your projects, but also provides the ability to backtrack file changes and grants access to multiple users. It's similar to SVN, but it has a few more bells and whistles that I've learned about from my job. I'll be using this along side of my re-factoring efforts in order to build a stronger foundation for the project to stand on.

2 comments:

  1. It's entirely possible you've seen this already, but Matsu-sensei has said he'd like to help with some art for the game. http://www.process-productions.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28055&page=10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't checked the forums in a while, so thanks for taking notice for me. I've just tried to contact matsu back, so we'll see from there.

      Delete