Thursday, May 24, 2012

Weekend Plans and Potential Saturday Stream

So I was driving home from work today and my car went kaput. The engine belt was damaged and I had to get it towed to my house. Not the greatest or worst thing in the world, but you will see how it matters in a moment.

The current plans for the weekend revolves around building a functional prototype of the farming system. You will be able to grow a few crops to either sell for profit or provide food for your cow girls. I'm still figuring out the specifics of the system, but my aim is to test out at least one type of prototype in order to get player feed back. Depending on how the system turns out I'll see if I can quickly release an update for everyone to toy around with.

While I'm receiving feed back on the farm, I plan to re-factor much of the engine base code. I've been recently reading the "Pragmatic Programmer" and have come to realize that my code is strongly non-orthogonal. For the technically interested, this means that the code is not well modularized or separated. Much of the code has overreaching dependencies that as exemplified in the book, is not unlike the difficulty of flying a helicopter. The goal is to make cleaner, maintainable code that will be easier to expand on as well as debug.

As for my plans for the stream, I'm looking to spend time on Saturday either in the morning or late evening. As I hinted earlier, I'm most likely going to go car shopping this weekend and not sure yet when that will be taking place. I'm hoping by Friday night I can get a time for those interested in joining in.

EDIT: Looks like it will be Saturday evening. I'm going to aim for 8:00PM(Central Time) but I can't guarantee it yet. I'll plop a new post when I start.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you can get some actual programming know-how from this program.

    Throw up something, we will test it let you know what we think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy that you are updating

    ReplyDelete