Friday, February 17, 2012

A few tweaks here and there

I had some free time today to get some work in. The major thing I was able to fix was the structure of my scroll menus. My original (crappy) implementation required unique classes for each separate instance it was used in. The trick I used was forcing all the content that would be managed by the scroller onto a single container property of the scroll bar. This is a pretty simple solution that allows me to still manage the content inside the container from controller classes from the outside. The nice thing about this one is that I can use that single solution for every instance and utilize only a single class for it.

The other tidbit was fixing some logic code so that it no longer scrolls an arbitrary amount, but scales by the amount of content is on the page. In other words, if there's less content than there is window, the scroll bar does nothing; if there's a ton, it will scroll as much as needed for the last bit of content to appear. Like, you know, a proper scroll bar.

The one issue I have yet to solve is the sticky characteristic of the scroll button. It uses a begin drag function when it is clicked and is suppose to stop once released. However, if the player releases off frame, the release doesn't trigger and it feels like you have fly paper attach to your mouse. I'll put some thought to this problem, but it is something that can be fixed after the alpha.

I suppose this wasn't as interesting as getting more activities in, but those will need to wait until next week. I wont be around the next two days and the earliest I may get some more work in by is Sunday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment