Sunday, February 12, 2012

Working on Growth System

I got some time to work on the game and I was busy finishing up the item system and did some work with the growth system. To clarify, the growth system is one of the key features of the game. It essentially, is the expansion portion of the game that allows you to transform your cow girl workers over time. Dependent on the food you feed them and the work they do, they will over time express changes to their figure such as getting bigger boobs, butt, bellies, or simply gaining weight. The changes to their physics will effect the way they gain skill experience but will not be overpowering to the degree in which certain figures dominate specific roles. The growth system isn't one way, as special diet plus exercise and hard activities can work against it as well. I see that it could be a dynamic experience that will allow players to have a variety of cow girls without outright role casting.

While the system is capable of doing all these in its current form, an enormous amount of effort will needed for testing the weight scaling and make sure it all adds and feels correct. This will probably be something toyed around a lot as the game progresses.

As far as project progress goes I've come to the realization I will desperately need a type of scrolling feature for many of the menu systems I've already implemented. There's only so much info I can fit on a screen at one time and its not something I've made before so I expect trouble. But with that taken care of I can get down to the cow inspector and be heading towards Alpha.

Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment