Friday, February 24, 2012

Plans Moving On

So I've been receiving tons of feed back. Thanks a bunch guys, it helps me figure out the problems quickly and allows for me to plan necessary corrections. One of the most common things that's cropped up is general spelling and grammar issues. I'll admit that most of the text was pretty ill-inspired and intended as a place holder for now. It's evident that I didn't even  put it through a word editor, but please do note that I will improve on the writing quality as we go onto future versions.

The other major issue that I'd like to address early before going on is a few knuckle head UI choices I've made that need resolving. The first being the absence of a cow girls health bar on the job assignments and too many clicks for assigning jobs. I figured it's better to fix something as important as vital UI as early as possible rather than building on top of something that will need to change further down the line.

What this all means, is that I'm going to spend some time solving these issues before I get to increasing/improving content. It is much to early in development to expect daily game version updates as some of the other developers are capable of so I'll steadily do releases as I feel is fitting. I imagine I may have some other changes included with the UI improvements ready for next time, but that's still to be determined.

Thanks again guys for testing out the game, and little by little, this game will begin to take shape.

2 comments:

  1. You're off to an awesome start! I'm looking forward to seeing what this turns into as it develops. How about adding keyboard controls? That'd make things go by a lot more smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Despite it being an Alpha version, I am very hooked into it. I played for about half an hour with no chance of stopping. It's a very great start and I hope to see the beta soon.

    ReplyDelete