Monday, February 13, 2012

I hate scroll bars

So I went ahead and tried to make the scroll bars for the menus. Scroll bars have some pretty good support in Flash when working with text, but I was pretty much left to my own devices on the type I needed. It took me a much longer time to get through than I thought would be reasonably possible but I managed to create some sort of solution. It's a sort of hacky solution, and it's hardly inheritable and its a special case implementation every time I use one; but hey its in there. If anyone has any tutorials or reference on someone making menu scroll bars that move more than just text please send them my way. For now I have a single image that shows it in action.

I've designed much of the layout for the cow girl inspection screen and I just need to implement it. This will be interestingly more complex than the other main game screen as there are several forms of information that will be displayed using small scroll boxes and various pop up overlays. There are several buttons here for setting the cow girls diet as well as talking to them or getting a character description.

This one should take me a few days to do if I do it correctly, but things seem to be moving a lot faster than I imagined. I'm going to be away for half the weekend so that might cut on a bit of progress, yet at this rate it is feasible to have an alpha out by late next week. Don't hold me to that though, as I still want there be some sort of experience to be gained from playing rather than just being my guinea pigs. We'll just play this by ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment