Friday, February 10, 2012

I'm Back with Stuff to show for it!

Excuse me again for the long absence. They are again, inexcusable, but at least this time I can say I honestly got some good things done! I've beefed up the game engine with many of the features I'll be needing. The additional screens and overlays I will be adding will have most of the functionality already built in so I can really get trucking now. The biggest accomplishment was getting the activity assignment system for the cow girls functional. The player can choose locations for activities and assign their cow girls to the active activities, which will remove them from what ever they were doing before. The great thing is that I can use as many activities as I'd like to this system with little additional code. Take a look at the images below and there's more text after that.








I'm currently implementing the shift cycle system that takes the information from the interface and performs the activities which will show descriptions and provide results. After that I'm looking at making the Item system, the Cow Girl Growth system, and the Skill system. With those done we can start to talk about Alpha. Yes, Alpha, the one you guys will be able to try out. I've been pretty productive the last few weeks so I can say with some certainty that we can cross that bridge in the next few weeks. The feature list for the alpha will be a set number of cow girls to use, at least 4 activities to use, some form of growth system, skill progression, and testing item usage. The town, character creation, and save/loading features will have to come out later as well as more advanced features such as quests and stories.

So thank you for holding out and being patient. God knows the world revolves whether I'm here or not, so thanks for keeping interested. If you wish to reach me you maybe able to find me lurking in Fenoxo's chat room or just shoot me email. If I plan on doing any streams I'll throw a post up before hand, but I'm not sure at all if I want to do those anytime soon.

Ciao.

1 comment:

  1. Looks very promising, Can't wait to try alpha!

    ReplyDelete