Saturday, March 3, 2012

Added Result Displays

I got around to doing a few more things today. I managed to finish up with the vital drag drop implementations that I left off on last night as well as implemented a few other features.

Some of the feed back suggested that having to click several times to forward through the shift change notices was tedious. I added keyboard handling; specifically, enter/return key presses for forwarding through dialog boxes. I can also add further keyboard key support with the implementation I used.

The bigger achievement I've managed was building a Result Display system. Going with the tedious screen issue from earlier, I cut out the second text notification of stat changes and made it into a separate display that appears when the activity story text appears. Take a look at the image below for an example.





This system allows me to queue up an entire summary of results and groups them with headers of the cow girls that the results are associated with. This would make it possible to show a shifts results all at once. I may hold back from using that, however, as I still want the story text to be associated with the results. The empty space in the center can be used for displaying a job related graphic down the road.

The next tasks I'm aiming for involves implementing my text parser for this version of CGF. I was looking over some older code and I had made and I had no idea what craziness I was doing there. I'll just have to read back up on Regular Expressions to get up to speed. Basically, this text parser would allow me to use dynamic text that can easily replace cow girl names into stories as well as shifts in mentioning their dimensions such as the difference from tiny chest to humongous tits.

Covering the parser and implementing new activity text should put me close to releasing the next version. I'll see what more features I can come up with before then to cause more delays. :D

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, it's looking a lot cleaner. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete