Sunday, March 11, 2012

Store Base Progress

I spent some time working on the store and I've gotten most of the functionality working pretty well. I can populate whatever items I wish from a list and can now purchase items through this interface. The player can change the quantity of the product they wish to buy and the prices immediately update on the icons themselves. You can see how the store currently looks in the screen below.

Note that the listed items in this example are all duplicates and cost 1G each.

After some additional designing, I've made the decision to remove the player inventory from appearing at the store screens. You will not be able to sell any items or goods directly at a store. To replace this, I'm taking another page from Harvest Moon and implementing a shipping crate at the farm. The player will need to place whatever goods they wish to sell into the crate and in the following morning the products will be sold. I'm still figuring out the specifics, but I imagine more drag and drop interfaces with a predicted gold count that will be earned. This will take some more time to get working, but I think it will be for the best.

1 comment:

  1. Cool to see it progressing, and thanks for keeping us updated.

    ReplyDelete