Thursday, March 1, 2012

Drag Drop Interface Progress

I've been in a slump the past few days but after figuratively slapping my self a bit today I managed to pull through the majority of the Drag Drop Interface code. I am quite please with the current results as you can see in the images below.





As you can see from the images I can set separate groupings of what I refer to keys and locks combinations. The locks associated with the currently dragged key make their presence known to the user and change color when it is the key collides with its closest lock.

My crazy theory more or less worked and I got nearly all the features I desired implemented with a working inheritance model so I can customize the drag drop objects and use specialized functions to do just about anything I could want when they would normally trigger.

While the images above is a test using simple geometry, I should be able to stick all the buttons and interfaces I want into the key instances that are dragged by the player. I will need to re-code the current relationships between the button interface and this new drag drop interface. Hopefully this goes smoothly, but I'm backing up all my code incase something explodes.

Sorry for delays in alpha updates, but time and will power have been in short supply. Hopefully this bit of progress pushes things further.

1 comment: