Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Working on Inventory Stuff

Warning: Mostly code talk ahead.

I spent time today building on the Shipping Crate idea and boy was that a can of worms. I quickly found out I had to redo my inventory system a bit to compensate for having separate storage for items that the player retains. Right now there's the player's main "Rucksack," a "Feed Box" for food that the cow girls, and the shipping crate.
While that wasn't too bad, when designing the actual interface for allowing inventory transfer I ran into some other features necessary that I hadn't figured out. I imagined having two drag drop lists on a screen labeled by their storage name with their contents. Drag one item from list to the other, and record the changes. Simple right? Nope! I need to know how much stuff a player wants to drag over. This requires a freaking pop-up with input text for item quantity as well as confirmation and cancel buttons.
I did have an already established pop-up reserved layer that the drag drop interfaces use. So far I've built a pop-up interface that uses this layer and should have all the features I need. Not quite all together yet, so no pics tonight. But hopefully it will come togeather soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment